We've done it. Ron and I, two die-hard never have a dog in the house people, have a dog in the house. On August 1, we became the proud owners of Mayzie, an adorable, wheaten colored, Cairn terrier. I did a lot of research on dogs. I wanted to find a dog that would shed very little and had spunk and personality. I decided the Cairn was the dog for us. When I introduced the idea to Ron, surprisingly he didn't veto it. So began my quest for a Cairn.
I had no idea Cairns were somewhat rare in our area. My plans to "rescue" a dog proved to be futile. I scoured the internet and found no Cairns to rescue within a 3 hour drive. So, I turned my focus to breeders. Surprisingly, Cairn breeders are few and far between too! However, I found one in Braselton and Ron and I headed out to pick up our new little member of the Carter clan. When we arrived, there were 4 little 9 week old adorable, squirmy pups. Three were black and 1 was wheaten. Ron decided he liked the little wheaten colored one best so that was it. Within 15 minutes of arriving, off we went with a new little puppy. Mayzie and her siblings were born May 18, thus the origin of her name, Mayzie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment