Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've been cussed!

On Monday of this week, Bram was entering day 4 of Poop Strike. Ron informed me that Bram had cried all day at school from being miserable and trying to hold in his poop to avoid the toilet and avoid pooping in his underwear. When I arrived home, he was still crying and was saying he hurt. So, I decided it was time...I would administer the glycerin suppository. I finally convinced the little fella to let me look at his bottom and put some medicine (A and D ointment) on it. Of course, my ulterior motive was to deftly insert the suppository. With the mission accomplished, Bram begins screaming and cursing at me in the only way a 4 year old who doesn't hear cursing knows how. For 20 minutes, while I held him on the toilet, he screamed and told me I was a bad, bad woman and that I was stupid and shut up. Stupid and shut up are the strongest words he knows and the only words he gets in trouble for saying. I didn't have the heart to get on to him considering he had just been violated with a suppository.

After 20 very stressful minutes, we had success...poop in the potty! But alas, it was short-lived. Later that evening, he pooped in his underwear. Sigh.

No comments: